opinion briefs on this topic
A Texas Republican wants to fine or even jail anyone who hires an illegal immigrant... unless that illegal immigrant works in your yard or house. Huh?
Just how easy is it to illegally enter the U.S.? Two young women show how to do it in less time than it takes to explain "comprehensive immigration reform"
Harry Reid's legislation to provide amnesty for illegal aliens has no chance of passage. Here's why that's good news
The Nation charges the famously anti–illegal immigration talking head with employing illegals on his swanky estates. Hypocrisy or "hit job"?
Republicans, and even some Democratic leaders, say having Colbert testify in character was a mistake. Are they missing the punch line?
The comedian appeared before a House subcommittee, in character, to push for immigration reform
Conservatives say a leaked memo indicates the administration may grant amnesty to illegal immigrants, even over lawmakers' objections
Is the latest local crackdown on illegal immigration justified — and will it work?
The president is sending 1,200 National Guardsmen to help secure America's southern border. Is this part of a strategy to pass immigration reform?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week