opinion briefs on this topic
A Texas Republican wants to fine or even jail anyone who hires an illegal immigrant... unless that illegal immigrant works in your yard or house. Huh?
Just how easy is it to illegally enter the U.S.? Two young women show how to do it in less time than it takes to explain "comprehensive immigration reform"
Harry Reid's legislation to provide amnesty for illegal aliens has no chance of passage. Here's why that's good news
The Nation charges the famously anti–illegal immigration talking head with employing illegals on his swanky estates. Hypocrisy or "hit job"?
Republicans, and even some Democratic leaders, say having Colbert testify in character was a mistake. Are they missing the punch line?
The comedian appeared before a House subcommittee, in character, to push for immigration reform
Conservatives say a leaked memo indicates the administration may grant amnesty to illegal immigrants, even over lawmakers' objections
Is the latest local crackdown on illegal immigration justified — and will it work?
The president is sending 1,200 National Guardsmen to help secure America's southern border. Is this part of a strategy to pass immigration reform?
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Marco Rubio wants his conservative cred back
Subscribe to the Week