opinion briefs on this topic
A Texas Republican wants to fine or even jail anyone who hires an illegal immigrant... unless that illegal immigrant works in your yard or house. Huh?
Just how easy is it to illegally enter the U.S.? Two young women show how to do it in less time than it takes to explain "comprehensive immigration reform"
Harry Reid's legislation to provide amnesty for illegal aliens has no chance of passage. Here's why that's good news
The Nation charges the famously anti–illegal immigration talking head with employing illegals on his swanky estates. Hypocrisy or "hit job"?
Republicans, and even some Democratic leaders, say having Colbert testify in character was a mistake. Are they missing the punch line?
The comedian appeared before a House subcommittee, in character, to push for immigration reform
Conservatives say a leaked memo indicates the administration may grant amnesty to illegal immigrants, even over lawmakers' objections
Is the latest local crackdown on illegal immigration justified — and will it work?
The president is sending 1,200 National Guardsmen to help secure America's southern border. Is this part of a strategy to pass immigration reform?
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we need a maximum wage
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week