opinion briefs on this topic
The firm undertakes a new internal investigation, but critics suspect it's just a whitewash to contain the fallout from a hugely embarrassing New York Times op-ed
Lloyd Blankfein is in the crosshairs after a former employee accuses the company of ripping off its clients
The former exec channels Jerry Maguire, dramatically quitting his job in a New York Times op-ed, and describing Goldman as "toxic and dangerous"
Amid market turmoil, the investment banking giant posts a rare loss for the third quarter — inspiring both ominous predictions and shrugs
Rajat Gupta, a high-powered former Goldman Sachs director, has been accused of outrageously shady dealing by the SEC. Here's an instant guide
Financial reform should have made it hard for Goldman to make money off reckless bets, says Matt Taibbi in Rolling Stone, but it's not working out that way
Adding fuel to the anti-Goldman Sachs fire, the Wall Street firm says it made a profit on every trading day last quarter. Does this prove the system is rigged?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The last racial taboo
- The secrets of happy families
Subscribe to the Week