opinion briefs on this topic
The firm undertakes a new internal investigation, but critics suspect it's just a whitewash to contain the fallout from a hugely embarrassing New York Times op-ed
Lloyd Blankfein is in the crosshairs after a former employee accuses the company of ripping off its clients
The former exec channels Jerry Maguire, dramatically quitting his job in a New York Times op-ed, and describing Goldman as "toxic and dangerous"
Amid market turmoil, the investment banking giant posts a rare loss for the third quarter — inspiring both ominous predictions and shrugs
Rajat Gupta, a high-powered former Goldman Sachs director, has been accused of outrageously shady dealing by the SEC. Here's an instant guide
Financial reform should have made it hard for Goldman to make money off reckless bets, says Matt Taibbi in Rolling Stone, but it's not working out that way
Adding fuel to the anti-Goldman Sachs fire, the Wall Street firm says it made a profit on every trading day last quarter. Does this prove the system is rigged?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week