Cartoon View: A liberal dinner choice
The far-from-classy creator of the Dorito taco shell and notorious quasi-meat is going upscale, prompting not a few scoffs of disbelief
The social network makes a play for your credit card by encouraging users to send flowers, cupcakes, and gift cards to friends
Early detection might help find a cure, but it can also cause pointless suffering and anxiety
Baseball's highest-paid player just endured an epically miserable playoff run. But don't expect him to join a new team anytime soon
The president's winning coalition of 2008 remains intact — and demographic trends suggest that it will only get larger
more on Future of the Democrats
Civil rights activists and female soldiers challenge a policy that prevents women from serving in infantry units
Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood president just gave himself potentially dictatorial powers, prompting fears that history might be repeating itself
At long last, the legendary gaming company reveals pricing and a release date for its next-generation console — but smashing success is hardly a sure bet
The U.N. ambassador meets with her top GOP critics, in an apparent bid to get them to back off her likely nomination as Hillary Clinton's replacement
The chief justice is widely expected to write the Supreme Court's historic decision on the 2010 health-care law, in what could become his biggest career moment
Chairman Eric Schmidt says the company has no immediate plans to bring Google Maps to Apple's App Store, much to the annoyance of iOS users
A New York Times analysis finds that most Americans paid a higher percentage of their income in taxes in the '80s than they do now. Can that be?
The media company blocks the tweets of a neo-Nazi account at the behest of local German authorities — raising questions about the potential scope of its control
The Tea Party had a terrible night on Tuesday. But that doesn't necessarily mean the party is over
The computer behemoth is struggling to catch up in the fast-moving mobile market. Is purchasing a flailing smartphone maker of yesteryear really the solution?
Reddit, Wordpress, Mozilla, Google, and dozens of other websites are joining the people's encyclopedia in protesting a controversial anti-piracy bill
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week