The List: The phenomenon of grieving dogs: The ultimate loyalty [Updated]
As the bloody civil war drags on, opposition groups form an umbrella organization to lead the fight against the Syrian regime
As the president who finally killed bin Laden, Obama is facing accusations that he's not sharing adequate credit with his predecessor, George W. Bush
In the eyes of many critics, the most baffling part of Mitt Romney's flubbed Libya offensive against President Obama is the Republican's focus on labels
With tuition rising and jobs disappearing, says Megan McArdle at The Daily Beast, many students are leaving campus worse off than when they arrived
Yahoo's recently minted boss just gave birth to her first child, but boiling under the huzzahs is a heated fight over her decision to take a shortened after-birth break
Fox's Suzanne Venker blames falling marriage rates on the rise of women, and the internet scoffs in disbelief
The Magic Kingdom has been totally dry for four decades. A new restaurant — in Fantasyland, appropriately enough — is about to change that
The president will no longer deport young illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. when they were kids. Critics decry the move as election-year overreach
The venerable tech company goes all in with its new keyboard-equipped, Windows-powered slab
The central question of the campaign has been which candidate would return the nation to prosperity. But is our immediate economic future out of their hands?
Just in time for the holiday shopping season, the Seattle-based e-tailer rolls out an impressively beautiful new reading device
Even many NFL players concede that Tebow is massively overhyped
The Masters of the Universe overwhelmingly backed Mitt Romney. And after his landslide loss, they're stung by their startling lack of influence
After picking a running mate with an unpopular plan to overhaul Medicare, Mitt Romney turns the tables — declaring that Obama is the one who's gutting the program
Iran's president claims that Israel wouldn't dare launch air strikes to halt Tehran's nuclear program. Plenty of foreign policy analysts beg to differ
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week