How to get more out of Google Maps
▪ Establish home bases. It’s silly not to have home and work locations saved in Maps. To get that done, tap the three-line menu icon on the screen’s top left, select Your Places and key in the addresses.
▪ Map multiple stops. To add a detour to a mapped journey, first set start and end points, then tap the three-dot icon at top right, and select Add Stop. You can add nine.
▪ Avoid highways or tolls. After entering your destination, tap the three-dot icon, select Route Options, and disallow options accordingly.
▪ Remember a parking spot. This is a new feature. When you park, a pop-up will ask if you want to save the location. You can then add related info, like time on the meter.
▪ Use Maps offline. If you have limited available data, save a navigable map for use offline by searching for a city or address and tapping Download.
▪ Source:Lifehacker.com ■