Enhancing your podcast experience
▪ Try other apps. The podcast apps that come preloaded on phones are among the worst, so sample others. None are perfect, but Overcast “comes close enough.” Also remember that music apps like Spotify often have podcast sections of their own.
▪ Listen faster. Race through more podcasts by adjusting the playback speed by 20 or 30 percent. At that speed, the voices will still sound “more or less normal.”
▪ Find the good stuff. “The Big Listen,” a podcast about podcasts, is one of the best ways to learn about cool new shows.
▪ Free up space. Set your app to automatically delete podcasts after you’ve listened to them once. Just know that a podcast won’t auto-delete if you tap out before it ends.
▪ Be safe. If you listen to podcasts while driving, enable car mode or use an app like Podmower, which has big buttons. For Android users, Android Auto is a good solution.