Whose Wit & Wisdom?
1. “There is nothing so fretting and vexatious, nothing so justly terrible to tyrants, and their tools and abettors, as a free press.”
2. “You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read.”
3. “There is no crime, absolutely none, that cannot be condoned when ‘our’ side commits it.”
4. “The happy ending still beckons, and it is in great hope of grasping it that we go on.”
5. “A society is moving toward dangerous ground when loyalty to the truth is seen as disloyalty to some supposedly higher interest.” ■