A Fox & Friends segment went completely off the rails on Monday morning as New Yorker after New Yorker showed absolutely no interest in chatting with Steve Doocy.
Doocy tried to conduct a man-on-the-street segment about a report that New York might start fining people who text while walking across the street. It did not go well to say the least, with Doocy's first attempted interview subject reluctantly offering a few words before shooting him down for more of a response and walking away.
From there, Doocy wandered around for more than a minute getting fully ignored by person after person, eventually realizing that trying to do a man-on-the-street segment about 20 minutes before most people have to be at work wasn't the best idea in the world.
“Can you tell that New York City is a very busy place?” he asks. "It is indeed." Watch the brutal segment via Media Matters for America's Bobby Lewis below. Brendan Morrow
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) says she won't hold fundraisers that are exclusively for wealthy donors during her 2020 campaign.
The Democratic presidential candidate said Monday she will not host "fancy receptions or big money fundraisers only with people who can write big checks" during her campaign, according to CNN. She also said she won't be placing phone calls to supporters based on how much they've donated.
"When I thank the people giving to my campaign, it will not be based on the size of their donation," Warren said, also promising a campaign built on "equal access."
Warren will be holding fundraising events, but her campaign manager said in an email to staff that they will be "pay-what-you-can," and there won't be any "major donor-only events," according to The Wall Street Journal, which also reports that this announcement is an effort to "boost lackluster online fundraising."
This plan, however, seems to only apply to the Democratic presidential primaries; the Journal reports that in a staff email, Warren's campaign manager specified that they would use "traditional" fundraising methods in the general election and "do what is necessary to stay competitive with Donald Trump." Brendan Morrow
President Trump is about to become the first president in more than six decades to skip a visit to California during his first calendar year in office, the Los Angeles Times reports. The president described the Golden State as "out of control" to Fox News earlier this year, and since taking office he has preferred to visit red states east of the Mississippi River.
Even with multiple regions of California being ravaged by wildfires in 2017, Trump has pointedly avoided visiting the state despite stopping through other disaster zones like those in Texas and Puerto Rico. "California Republicans won't even stick up for their own state, and a Republican president offers nothing in response to an enormous natural disaster," the progressive magazine Mother Joneswrote in November. "Why? No reason was given, but Occam's Razor suggests that the best guess is the most obvious one: California is a Democratic state that didn't vote for Donald Trump."
If the election were based on total popular vote I would have campaigned in N.Y. Florida and California and won even bigger and more easily
As political communications professor Dan Schnur, a former Republican, confirmed to the Los Angeles Times: "It's hard to imagine an environment less alluring to [Trump] right now than deep-blue California." Read more about the snub — and what might be behind it — here. Jeva Lange