A "senior official in the Trump administration" wrote an anonymous op-ed in The New York Times on Wednesday, claiming there's a "resistance" within the White House. Amateur detectives want to know who it is. There are dozens of potential culprits, but these administration officials have so far denied responsibility. Kathryn Krawczyk
Vice President Mike Pence. The vice president is "above such amateur acts," his communications director tweeted Thursday morning.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. The top diplomat told reporters a "disgruntled, deceptive bad actor" wrote the letter, but it wasn't him, per NBC News.
Secretary of Defense James Mattis. A Pentagon spokeswoman simply told Reuters that "it was not [Mattis'] op-ed."