It wasn't all bad

When 31-year-old Aaron Giles of Gloucester, Mass., was about 5, he lost his ID bracelet while playing in his grandfather’s barn in Fairmont, Minn. The barn was later dismantled and moved to nearby Elmore, where it was used to house chickens. Recently, poultry workers were slaughtering some of the birds when they noticed something shiny in a gizzard. It was Giles’ bracelet, which had apparently been transported with the dismantled barn and swallowed by a chicken. “It was in pretty immaculate shape,” said Giles, who hadn’t seen the bracelet in more than 25 years. “It was quite the surprise.”