adical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki released a video this weekend calling on Muslim US servicemen to kill their fellow soldiers. In the video, Awlaki — an American-born jihadist preacher who may have played a part in the Ford Hood shootings — also praises the so-called "Underwear Bomber" and calls for the mass killing of American civilians. We have plenty to fear from this man, says Kamran Pasha in the Huffington Post. Al-Awlaki's influence on Muslims "is in many ways far more insidious than that of his fellow madman, Osama Bin Laden." As a trained scholar, al-Awlaki's extremist teachings have a "troubling and dangerous" authority. In response, the Association of Patriotic Arab Americans in Military said it does not "condone nor give any credibility to the statements of Anwar al-Awlaki" and the Obama Administration, which has targeted Awlaki for assassination, confirmed that it is "actively trying to find him." Watch a CBS report about al-Awlaki's latest threats:
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week