Weems, Va. This 45-acre French Country estate lies along the Corrotoman River. The property has a main residence, a guesthouse, a stable, a pasture, and a large outdoor patio with a pool and a stone fireplace.
The main residence's open floor plan provides extensive river views. $2,800,000. Travis Powell, Travis Powell Real Estate, (804) 512-2086.
Jackson, Wyo. Sitting on 35 acres near the Snake River, this four-bedroom, four-bathroom house features an office, a game room, three wood-burning fireplaces, an artist studio, and a three-car garage.
Exterior details include a spa, a stone patio, and a three-season porch. $6,500,000. Carol Linton, Jackson Hole Real Estate, (307) 200-4541.
Hayden, Colo. This 393-acre ranch lies along the cottonwood-lined southern fork of the Williams Fork River and includes grassy meadows well suited for hay production. The two-bedroom, two-bathroom house was recently renovated to include a family room, an expanded kitchen, and a master suite.
A flagstone patio with a fire pit provides views of the surrounding terrain. $1,795,000. Christy Belton, Ranch Marketing Associates, (970) 734-7885.
Winthrop, Wash. This 3,800-square-foot lodge-style home is just feet from the Methow River. The 12.7-acre property offers 700 feet of riverfront land with fly-fishing, hiking, biking, and cross-country skiing.
The three-bedroom, three-bathroom house has wood paneling throughout. $1,695,000. Dean Clausen, Realogics/Sotheby's International Realty, (425) 260-4618.
Mackay, Idaho. The Big Lost River, known for its fly-fishing, runs for nearly a mile though Moose Creek Ranch. The property includes a 1,170-square-foot main residence with a master bedroom, a full bathroom, a large living-and-dining area, and a stone fireplace. A guest cabin on the ranch features views of the Lost River Mountain Range. $2,700,000. Trent Jones, Hall and Hall, (208) 622-4133.
Las Cruces, N.M. This "Steal of the Week" 2,582-square-foot Southwestern-style house sits on 1.69 acres atop a mesa overlooking the Rio Grande and the Mesilla Valley. The panoramic views include pecan orchards and the Robledo, Organ, and Dona Ana mountains.
The private, secluded home has three bedrooms, two baths, a patio, and bay windows that look out on the scenery. $375,000. Bruce Crichton, Exit Realty Horizons, (575) 644-5607.
**For more information on these homes, please contact the realtor listed**
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week