- Watch this April 22
Stephen Colbert stopped by his future stomping grounds Tuesday night, appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman for the first time since it was announced that he would become the new host after Letterman retires. Colbert, who is set to start in 2015, told the late night vet that he was "thrilled to be taking over for you."
In a clip released by the Late Show, Colbert was all smiles, telling Letterman, "I'm going to do whatever you have done." Letterman quickly interrupted him and said, "No, you don't want to do that."
Letterman went on to compliment his replacement, saying, "They could have just as easily hired another boob like me, but they didn't." Colbert’s reply? "Every boob is like a snowflake, Dave," he said. "We're all unique in our own way." Watch the clip below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- What progressives fundamentally don't get about traditional Christians
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
Subscribe to the Week