- Watch this April 22
Stephen Colbert stopped by his future stomping grounds Tuesday night, appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman for the first time since it was announced that he would become the new host after Letterman retires. Colbert, who is set to start in 2015, told the late night vet that he was "thrilled to be taking over for you."
In a clip released by the Late Show, Colbert was all smiles, telling Letterman, "I'm going to do whatever you have done." Letterman quickly interrupted him and said, "No, you don't want to do that."
Letterman went on to compliment his replacement, saying, "They could have just as easily hired another boob like me, but they didn't." Colbert’s reply? "Every boob is like a snowflake, Dave," he said. "We're all unique in our own way." Watch the clip below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
Subscribe to the Week