- Watch this April 22
Stephen Colbert stopped by his future stomping grounds Tuesday night, appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman for the first time since it was announced that he would become the new host after Letterman retires. Colbert, who is set to start in 2015, told the late night vet that he was "thrilled to be taking over for you."
In a clip released by the Late Show, Colbert was all smiles, telling Letterman, "I'm going to do whatever you have done." Letterman quickly interrupted him and said, "No, you don't want to do that."
Letterman went on to compliment his replacement, saying, "They could have just as easily hired another boob like me, but they didn't." Colbert’s reply? "Every boob is like a snowflake, Dave," he said. "We're all unique in our own way." Watch the clip below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week