- Watch this April 22
Stephen Colbert stopped by his future stomping grounds Tuesday night, appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman for the first time since it was announced that he would become the new host after Letterman retires. Colbert, who is set to start in 2015, told the late night vet that he was "thrilled to be taking over for you."
In a clip released by the Late Show, Colbert was all smiles, telling Letterman, "I'm going to do whatever you have done." Letterman quickly interrupted him and said, "No, you don't want to do that."
Letterman went on to compliment his replacement, saying, "They could have just as easily hired another boob like me, but they didn't." Colbert’s reply? "Every boob is like a snowflake, Dave," he said. "We're all unique in our own way." Watch the clip below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week