- EUROVISION May 9
Russia is even feeling the chill at Eurovision. At Tuesday's edition of the song and dance competition in Denmark, the 17-year-old Russian Tolmachevy sisters were loudly booed by the audience after it was announced they had advanced to Saturday's finals.
Billboard reports a "smattering of applause" was loudly drowned out by the audience, which was evidently firmly on Team Ukraine because singer's Mariya Yaremchuk performance of "Tick Tock," featuring a man running inside a large hamster wheel (man, Eurovision!), "evoked no negative response."
In the video below, the booing starts at the one minute mark. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week