- EUROVISION May 9
Russia is even feeling the chill at Eurovision. At Tuesday's edition of the song and dance competition in Denmark, the 17-year-old Russian Tolmachevy sisters were loudly booed by the audience after it was announced they had advanced to Saturday's finals.
Billboard reports a "smattering of applause" was loudly drowned out by the audience, which was evidently firmly on Team Ukraine because singer's Mariya Yaremchuk performance of "Tick Tock," featuring a man running inside a large hamster wheel (man, Eurovision!), "evoked no negative response."
In the video below, the booing starts at the one minute mark. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- In defense of family dinner
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week