- EUROVISION May 9
Russia is even feeling the chill at Eurovision. At Tuesday's edition of the song and dance competition in Denmark, the 17-year-old Russian Tolmachevy sisters were loudly booed by the audience after it was announced they had advanced to Saturday's finals.
Billboard reports a "smattering of applause" was loudly drowned out by the audience, which was evidently firmly on Team Ukraine because singer's Mariya Yaremchuk performance of "Tick Tock," featuring a man running inside a large hamster wheel (man, Eurovision!), "evoked no negative response."
In the video below, the booing starts at the one minute mark. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week