- EUROVISION May 9
Russia is even feeling the chill at Eurovision. At Tuesday's edition of the song and dance competition in Denmark, the 17-year-old Russian Tolmachevy sisters were loudly booed by the audience after it was announced they had advanced to Saturday's finals.
Billboard reports a "smattering of applause" was loudly drowned out by the audience, which was evidently firmly on Team Ukraine because singer's Mariya Yaremchuk performance of "Tick Tock," featuring a man running inside a large hamster wheel (man, Eurovision!), "evoked no negative response."
In the video below, the booing starts at the one minute mark. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week