- EUROVISION May 9
Russia is even feeling the chill at Eurovision. At Tuesday's edition of the song and dance competition in Denmark, the 17-year-old Russian Tolmachevy sisters were loudly booed by the audience after it was announced they had advanced to Saturday's finals.
Billboard reports a "smattering of applause" was loudly drowned out by the audience, which was evidently firmly on Team Ukraine because singer's Mariya Yaremchuk performance of "Tick Tock," featuring a man running inside a large hamster wheel (man, Eurovision!), "evoked no negative response."
In the video below, the booing starts at the one minute mark. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week