- Modern art June 26
I can't imagine what possessed them to try this, but the guys at RedLetterMedia prepared for the release of Transformers 4 by watching the first three movies simultaneously. When they weren't fighting back waves of nausea, they discovered remarkable coincidences between the movies, particularly the first two, where similar story beats with the same characters happened within moments of each other. Why, it's almost like they were cynically stamped out like license plates! --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week