- Modern art June 26
I can't imagine what possessed them to try this, but the guys at RedLetterMedia prepared for the release of Transformers 4 by watching the first three movies simultaneously. When they weren't fighting back waves of nausea, they discovered remarkable coincidences between the movies, particularly the first two, where similar story beats with the same characters happened within moments of each other. Why, it's almost like they were cynically stamped out like license plates! --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to make corn dogs
- For the GOP, gay marriage could be the most important issue in 2016
Subscribe to the Week