- Modern art June 26
I can't imagine what possessed them to try this, but the guys at RedLetterMedia prepared for the release of Transformers 4 by watching the first three movies simultaneously. When they weren't fighting back waves of nausea, they discovered remarkable coincidences between the movies, particularly the first two, where similar story beats with the same characters happened within moments of each other. Why, it's almost like they were cynically stamped out like license plates! --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The next pandemic
Subscribe to the Week