- Immigration Reform July 8
The White House said Monday that the U.S. would deport most of the unaccompanied minors who have tried to enter the country illegally en masse in recent months. The Obama administration is preparing to ask Congress for $2 billion to address the border crisis, including the wave of undocumented children from Central America who have crossed the U.S.-Mexico border. The White House plans Tuesday to spell out what it wants to do with the emergency funding. Read more at Reuters.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week