- Immigration Reform July 8
The White House said Monday that the U.S. would deport most of the unaccompanied minors who have tried to enter the country illegally en masse in recent months. The Obama administration is preparing to ask Congress for $2 billion to address the border crisis, including the wave of undocumented children from Central America who have crossed the U.S.-Mexico border. The White House plans Tuesday to spell out what it wants to do with the emergency funding. Read more at Reuters.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
Subscribe to the Week