- Immigration Reform July 8
The White House said Monday that the U.S. would deport most of the unaccompanied minors who have tried to enter the country illegally en masse in recent months. The Obama administration is preparing to ask Congress for $2 billion to address the border crisis, including the wave of undocumented children from Central America who have crossed the U.S.-Mexico border. The White House plans Tuesday to spell out what it wants to do with the emergency funding. Read more at Reuters.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week