1. Marana, Ariz. This two-bedroom, single-story house is outside of downtown Tucson in a Ritz-Carlton Residences community. The interior features an open floor plan, a great room with retractable glass walls, and custom woodwork. Membership is included, providing access to the clubhouse, a golf course, a swimming pool, and walking trails. $1,074,500. Rich Oosterhuis, Dove Mountain Realty, (520) 572-2700
2. Middletown, R.I. Built in 1926 by Harrie T. Lindeberg on a 6.1-acre lot, this home once was a kennel that held up to 40 dogs. The building was transformed into a three-bedroom house that includes a first-floor master bedroom suite with an adjoining library. The house sits on a 40-foot cliff overlooking the ocean. $3,365,000. Ann Conner, Gustave White Sotheby’s International Realty, (401) 848-6709
3. Hardyville, Va. This four-bedroom house on a 3.5-acre double lot was built in 1989 on the edge of Healey’s Creek. Details include a first-floor bedroom, two onyx bathrooms, hardwood floors, and a slate roof. The property features a pier, two boat lifts, and a large deck with a roof. $1,395,000. Diana Burton and Neena Rodgers, -IsaBell K. Horsley Real Estate, (804) 725-8220
Subscribe to The Week
Escape your echo chamber. Get the facts behind the news, plus analysis from multiple perspectives.
4. Fort Lauderdale Constructed in 1925, this one-story, two-bedroom home has arched doorways, a fireplace, and hardwood floors. Recent updates include a new kitchen and hurricane impact doors and windows. The property features a one-bedroom guesthouse and a pool with a deck area. $895,000. Torie Beauchamp, Intercoastal Realty/Leverage Global Partners, (954) 683-3773
5. Bozeman, Mont. Set on a 0.2-acre lot overlooking the first hole on Black Bull Golf Course, this two-bedroom, single-story home was built in 2012. The house features floor-to-ceiling windows, custom cabinets, and views of the Spanish Peaks. Outdoor amenities include club membership and a one-car garage. $589,000. Bert Brandon and Marc Parent, PureWest/Christie’s International Real Estate, (406) 579-1708
6. Eden Prairie, Minn. At the end of a cul-de-sac, this four-bedroom, Prairie-style ranch is set on a 0.7-acre lot across from Lake Riley and the Bearpath Country Club. Built in 1998, the home includes three fireplaces, a garden potting room, an art storage area, and a four-season porch. The heavily wooded lot backs up to a creek. $1,339,988. Alan Merrick, Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate, (612) 867-0390
Steal of the week
7. Christiansted, St. Croix This three-bedroom house overlooks Christiansted Harbor. The main residence and the one-bedroom guesthouse feature granite counters, oak cabinets, and terrazzo floors. Exterior amenities include a large deck and a big storage shed. $425,000. Chris and Kerri Hanley, USVI Sotheby’s International Realty, (340) 277-1364
Continue reading for free
We hope you're enjoying The Week's refreshingly open-minded journalism.
Subscribed to The Week? Register your account with the same email as your subscription.