The daily gossip: Jennifer Lawrence explains her Oscar stumble, and more
5 top pieces of celebrity gossip — from Jim Carrey's unusual Oscar party outfit to Twilight's big night at the Razzie Awards
1. Jennifer Lawrence explains her Oscar stumbleWhen Jennifer Lawrence won Best Actress for Silver Linings Playbook last night, she briefly stumbled on her way to the stage, thereby negating the chance that anyone would ask her about anything else. And right on cue, People reports that after the ceremony, Lawrence explained how she fell, for the first of what will surely turn out to be a few hundred times. "I tried to walk upstairs in this dress. That's what happened. I think I stepped on the fabric and they waxed the stairs," said Lawrence, raising the intriguing possibility that this was the first prank in a revival of Ashton Kutcher's Punk'd. Lawrence also admitted that her only thought at the time was "a bad word that starts with 'F'." Celebrities: They're just like us!
2. You missed your chance to meet Joseph Gordon-Levitt at the Vanity Fair party last nightThe annual Vanity Fair Oscar party, which is attended every year by most of the newly minted Oscar winners and Hollywood players, is "the most exclusive event" of Oscar weekend, reports (the surely unbiased) Vanity Fair. You weren't invited, but if you had been at the party, you would have had no trouble hobnobbing with at least one high-profile guest: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who spent the latter portion of the evening wandering around the party and "saying hello to perfect strangers" — a list that surely would have included you. But alas — you weren't invited.
3. Jim Carrey wore big feet, tiny angel wings to Oscar partyVanity Fair's party may have been the hottest ticket of the evening, but E! Online reports that Elton John's annual Oscar viewing party across town had the "excitement" of at least one zany celebrity guest: Jim Carrey, who appeared wearing enormous prosthetic "bare feet" and a pair of tiny angel wings, because carrying a big sign that said "LOOK AT ME" seemed too on-the-nose. Carrey took to Twitter to explain that the unusual costume was "an expression of [his] sometimes awkward spiritual journey," and not just a blatant attempt to make people talk about him despite the fact that he wasn't nominated for an Oscar this year — even if, purely by coincidence that's exactly what the costume did.
4. Daniel Radcliffe wanted to carry Kristen Stewart onto the Oscar stageYou may have noticed that presenter Kristen Stewart wasn't at her best on Oscar night: She had a dazed look in her eyes, and was limping around due to a foot injury that was later blamed on broken glass (no word yet on the dazed look). And if you felt sorry for Stewart, you're in good company. "I felt so bad," said co-presenter Daniel Radcliffe at E! Online. "I just wanted to pick her up, put her in my arms, and carry her on to the stage." That means I was this close to having my Twilight/Harry Potter crossover fan fiction acted out on the Oscar stage.
5. Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 earns 7 Razzie AwardsEven if Kristen Stewart's Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 failed to earn a single nomination at Sunday's Oscar ceremony, it did win 7 awards on Saturday night. Unfortunately, those awards were Razzies, which are given annually to the worst films of the year. CinemaBlend reports that the final Twilight movie's "wins" include Worst Ensemble, Worst Director, Worst Picture, and Worst Actress, which Kristen Stewart won for both Twilight and Snow White and the Huntsman, though unfortunately Robert Pattinson lost the Worst Actor category to Adam Sandler for That's My Boy, preventing a full sweep. Keeping trying, Robert — there's always next year.