1. Werrington, Cornwall Bullapit Hill Cottage is located on the edge of a small settlement, on a property with no nearby neighbors. The home features a thatched roof, exposed beams, two inglenook fireplaces, and separate boot and cloak rooms. The property is entered via a gateway, and the yard features a workshop, a garage, and a small summerhouse with glass doors and a veranda. $495,450. Stags/Launceston, (011-44) 15-6677-4999
2. Great Fransham, Norfolk This three-bedroom cottage dates to around 1550. Its exposed timber framing, thatched roof, and other period details were retained when the home underwent an extensive renovation 10 years ago. The gardens that surround the cottage on its half-acre property feature trained roses, wisteria, and clematis. A greenhouse and a vegetable garden are located in the home’s north yard. $581,000. Savills UK, (011-44) 16-0322-9229
3. Bogmoor, Moray This four-bedroom cottage is located in northern Scotland near the River Spey and the North Sea. Built in 1900, the cottage sat unoccupied for years before being fully refurbished in 2006. It has a wood-burning stove, a contemporary kitchen, and an exterior wood deck. $379,530. CKD Galbraith, (011-44) 13-4354-6362
Steal of the week
4. Broadwell, Gloucestershire Box Cottage is a one-bedroom, one-bathroom home located in the idyllic Cotswolds region.
Interior features include a woodstove in the sitting room, exposed oak beams, and built-in bookshelves under the main stairs. The cottage has a secret garden and is located within walking distance of an award-winning pub. $387,000. Strutt & Parker, (011-44) 16-0865-0502
5. Dunchideock, Devon Riverside Cottage is a three-bedroom house located between the city of Exeter and Dartmoor National Park. Architectural details include a thatched roof, exposed beams, French doors, pine floors, and walls made of stone and cob—mud mixed with straw. The property features a timber footbridge and formal gardens bounded by post-and-rail fencing. $671,000. Jackson-Stops & Staff, (011-44) 13-9221-4222
6. Monk Sherborne, Hampshire Built some 300 years ago, this two-bedroom brick cottage overlooks farmland just outside of the village of Monk Sherborne. The house has two sitting rooms, a large fireplace, and exposed beams. The grounds feature a garden and an octagonal summerhouse. $565,400. Carter Jonas, (011-44) 12-5647-3388