1. Snowmass, Colo. This new house is situated on the banks of the Roaring Fork River and within the Rio Grande Trail system.
It sits on 19 acres and features four large bedroom suites, a theater room, an office loft, and a three-car garage. $5,600,000. Renee Bowden, Mason Morse, (970) 319-7780
2. South Kingstown, R.I. Set on the shore of a large glacial lake, this eight-bedroom house offers almost 6,000 square feet of living space, including an exposed-beam great room and a screened sleeping porch. The home’s 51-acre property includes rolling pastures, stone walls, a rustic five-bedroom lodge, a caretaker’s ranch, and horse barns. $6,700,000. Melanie Delman and Ruth Bellino, Lila Delman Real Estate, (401) 284-4820
3. Freedom, Wyo. Winterbourne Farm is a three-bedroom single-story house with hewn siding and interior beams made of reclaimed timber. Portions of the Salt River and Tin Cup Creek flow through the home’s 13-acre estate, making it an excellent fly-fishing location. Surrounded by native wildflowers, the house has creek and mountain views from every room. $1,800,000. Carol Linton, Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty, (307) 739-8159
4. Porterville, Calif. This four-bedroom Mediterranean-style home sits on a six-acre property that features a stocked two-acre pond, a boat dock, and a one-bedroom guesthouse. The house has three fireplaces and a great room featuring a wall of glass doors that open onto a rear lawn and the pond. $749,000. Geraldine Clark, Sotheby’s International Realty, (310) 922-6828
5. Pecos, N.M. This three-bedroom log cabin is located in Tres Lagunas, a gated community on the Pecos River that offers some of the best private fly-fishing in New Mexico. The home has a wraparound porch with mountain views and is nestled in the pines on a riverfront lot. $1,495,000. Michael Morgner, Sotheby’s International Realty, (505) 988-2533
Steal of the week
6. Washington, Maine This three-bedroom house has a private dock on Washington Pond, which offers great fishing for brown trout, smelt, smallmouth bass, and perch. Interior features include hardwood floors, a fireplace, and a gourmet kitchen. The back deck affords views of the pond. $349,000. Kenneth Twaddel, Camden Real Estate, (207) 236-6171