The 2,068 Stephen Kings residing in the United States are lucky; the five Freddy Kruegers, not so much.
Whitepages has compiled a list of the 13 most common names in the United States belonging to horror movie characters, actors, and directors, and while the first two aren't shocking considering how common both the first and last names are, you will find some surprises:
1. Michael Myers (Halloween): 4,282 (333 in Ohio)
2. Stephen King (Author): 2,068 (168 in Texas)
3. Norman Bates (Psycho): 96 (9 in Texas)
4. Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th): 30 (4 each in Pennsylvania, California, and New York)
5. Annie Wilkes (Misery): 25 (10 in Georgia)
6. Jack Torrance (The Shining): 10 (2 in California)
7. Wes Craven (Director): 7 (2 in North Carolina)
8. Alfred Hitchcock (Director): 7 (2 each in California and Maryland)
9. Max Cady (Cape Fear): 6 (3 in Florida)
10. Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street): 5 (2 in Washington)
11. Donnie Darko (Donnie Darko): 4 (3 in Pennsylvania)
12. Samara Morgan (The Ring): 2 (1 each in Texas and North Dakota)
13. Damien Thorn (The Omen): 1 in California
Yes, believe it or not, there are five (5!) Freddy Kruegers living in the United States, possibly on Elm Street, probably wearing striped sweaters and fedoras. Don't be too scared, though; Whitepages also found that there are 2,632 Caspers in the U.S., with most residing in North Dakota, and we all know they're friendly.