- Watch this March 11
President Obama appeared on Between Two Ferns in what is certainly the biggest get yet for fledgling interviewer Zach Galifianakis. For seven minutes, the commander-in-chief gamely played along with the grumpy comedian, with the pair jostling about the legality of his birth certificate and ObamaCare. The president even managed to get in some digs of his own, like when he complimented Bradley Cooper for carrying the Hangover movies.
Galifianakis' confusion on foreign diplomacy was the highlight. "I'd read somewhere that you'd be sending Hulk Hogan to Syria," he told the president. "Or is that more of a job for Tonya Harding?"
It was the funniest I've seen President Obama on an interview show, in well, forever. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week