- Watch this March 11
President Obama appeared on Between Two Ferns in what is certainly the biggest get yet for fledgling interviewer Zach Galifianakis. For seven minutes, the commander-in-chief gamely played along with the grumpy comedian, with the pair jostling about the legality of his birth certificate and ObamaCare. The president even managed to get in some digs of his own, like when he complimented Bradley Cooper for carrying the Hangover movies.
Galifianakis' confusion on foreign diplomacy was the highlight. "I'd read somewhere that you'd be sending Hulk Hogan to Syria," he told the president. "Or is that more of a job for Tonya Harding?"
It was the funniest I've seen President Obama on an interview show, in well, forever. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Confronting our twisted relationship with food
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
Subscribe to the Week