- Watch this March 11
President Obama appeared on Between Two Ferns in what is certainly the biggest get yet for fledgling interviewer Zach Galifianakis. For seven minutes, the commander-in-chief gamely played along with the grumpy comedian, with the pair jostling about the legality of his birth certificate and ObamaCare. The president even managed to get in some digs of his own, like when he complimented Bradley Cooper for carrying the Hangover movies.
Galifianakis' confusion on foreign diplomacy was the highlight. "I'd read somewhere that you'd be sending Hulk Hogan to Syria," he told the president. "Or is that more of a job for Tonya Harding?"
It was the funniest I've seen President Obama on an interview show, in well, forever. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 10 things you need to know today: November 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week