- Watch this March 11
President Obama appeared on Between Two Ferns in what is certainly the biggest get yet for fledgling interviewer Zach Galifianakis. For seven minutes, the commander-in-chief gamely played along with the grumpy comedian, with the pair jostling about the legality of his birth certificate and ObamaCare. The president even managed to get in some digs of his own, like when he complimented Bradley Cooper for carrying the Hangover movies.
Galifianakis' confusion on foreign diplomacy was the highlight. "I'd read somewhere that you'd be sending Hulk Hogan to Syria," he told the president. "Or is that more of a job for Tonya Harding?"
It was the funniest I've seen President Obama on an interview show, in well, forever. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week