- The Search Continues March 20
Australia caused quite a stir Thursday morning by announcing that it has found what appear to be fragments of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared early March 8 en route from Kuala Lampur to Beijing. This satellite photo of the larger object shows something about 80 feet long floating about 1,550 miles off the southwestern tip of Australia. The Australian Maritime Safety authority has a helpful fact sheet on the discovery. For higher-resolution photos of this object and the other one Australia is searching for, click here. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
Subscribe to the Week