- The Search Continues March 20
Australia caused quite a stir Thursday morning by announcing that it has found what appear to be fragments of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared early March 8 en route from Kuala Lampur to Beijing. This satellite photo of the larger object shows something about 80 feet long floating about 1,550 miles off the southwestern tip of Australia. The Australian Maritime Safety authority has a helpful fact sheet on the discovery. For higher-resolution photos of this object and the other one Australia is searching for, click here. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week