- This just in March 26
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced Tuesday evening what many already suspected: the car crash that killed actor Paul Walker last November was caused by speed, not mechanical issues. According to investigators, the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT that Walker was riding in was traveling between 81 and 94 miles per hour when it hit a light pole and burst into flames. Both Walker, 40, and the driver, Roger Rodas, 38, died at the scene.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week