- This just in March 26
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced Tuesday evening what many already suspected: the car crash that killed actor Paul Walker last November was caused by speed, not mechanical issues. According to investigators, the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT that Walker was riding in was traveling between 81 and 94 miles per hour when it hit a light pole and burst into flames. Both Walker, 40, and the driver, Roger Rodas, 38, died at the scene.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week