- This just in March 26
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced Tuesday evening what many already suspected: the car crash that killed actor Paul Walker last November was caused by speed, not mechanical issues. According to investigators, the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT that Walker was riding in was traveling between 81 and 94 miles per hour when it hit a light pole and burst into flames. Both Walker, 40, and the driver, Roger Rodas, 38, died at the scene.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week