- Nailed it April 4
This is George W. Bush's painting of Vladimir Putin
George W. Bush famously claimed that he had peered in Vladimir Putin's soul. And this, apparently, is what he saw. It's one of two dozen portraits of world leaders that were unveiled today. --Ryu Spaeth
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
Most Popular Speed Reads
Speed Reads is TheWeek.com's continuously updated collection of the most interesting, important, and trending things on the internet – delivered with concision, intelligence, and wit. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week