- Watch this April 16
In front of a standing-room-only crowd yesterday at the Economic Policy Institute, French economist Thomas Piketty explained the basics of his blockbuster new book. Afterwards, there was a panel discussion, most impressively featuring Robert Solow, who at almost 90 is still razor-sharp.
If you're interested in economics, it's worth watching. Check it out. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week