- Watch this April 16
In front of a standing-room-only crowd yesterday at the Economic Policy Institute, French economist Thomas Piketty explained the basics of his blockbuster new book. Afterwards, there was a panel discussion, most impressively featuring Robert Solow, who at almost 90 is still razor-sharp.
If you're interested in economics, it's worth watching. Check it out. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
Subscribe to the Week