- Watch this April 16
In front of a standing-room-only crowd yesterday at the Economic Policy Institute, French economist Thomas Piketty explained the basics of his blockbuster new book. Afterwards, there was a panel discussion, most impressively featuring Robert Solow, who at almost 90 is still razor-sharp.
If you're interested in economics, it's worth watching. Check it out. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
When Americans banned Christmas
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week