- Watch this April 16
In front of a standing-room-only crowd yesterday at the Economic Policy Institute, French economist Thomas Piketty explained the basics of his blockbuster new book. Afterwards, there was a panel discussion, most impressively featuring Robert Solow, who at almost 90 is still razor-sharp.
If you're interested in economics, it's worth watching. Check it out. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- This Indian meal service is so efficient it's the envy of FedEx
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
Subscribe to the Week