- Watch this April 16
In front of a standing-room-only crowd yesterday at the Economic Policy Institute, French economist Thomas Piketty explained the basics of his blockbuster new book. Afterwards, there was a panel discussion, most impressively featuring Robert Solow, who at almost 90 is still razor-sharp.
If you're interested in economics, it's worth watching. Check it out. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week