- India Votes May 16
India just completed its six-week-long national election, the largest exercise in democracy anywhere in the world. (Spoiler: Narendra Modi and his Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party won.) Like most Americans, the folks at The Daily Show have only passing familiarity with India and its electoral process. Instead of shying away from that fact, Jon Stewart almost embraced it on Thursday night's show (Jason Jones fully embraced his purported ignorance, to great effect), as a way to explain the candidates, issues, and nuts and bolts of India's election.
Stewart gave a brief primer on India's next prime minister, but keep watching for Jones' reluctant trip to India. You'll probably learn something, and you'll definitely laugh. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week