In order to compile this list of need-to-know classic cocktails, I relied on advice from four of my more knowledgeable colleagues. Here is a transcript of part of an ensuing conversation:
Sarah: by "martinez" do you mean martini?Marian: no they're distinctSarah: i can't tell if you're kidding
Don't let this happen to you. I may not know anything about cocktails, but together, let's promise to study these 15 classic recipes and stock up on the spirits we'll need to practice making them. Soon, we'll be the life of the party (and we'll be significantly less likely to say something dumb at a bar — or in the workplace).
We've also included some tools from the latest Provisions collection— some essential, some ritzy — to help you make cocktails in style.
2. The Last Word: Serve it in these Cocktail & Champagne Coupes.
3. The Singapore Sling: You'll need something to shake it in.
4. The Old-Fashioned: Don't forget a muddler.
6. The Southside: It looks perfect in highball glasses.
9. The Martini: Keep track of whose drinks are whose with these Animal Drink Stirrers.
10. The Margarita and the cocktail salts you need to line their rims.
11. The Martinez
12. The Gimlet: Serve them on these classy Brass Coasters.
13. The Negroni...or make your life easier and order this handy Negroni Collection.
14. The Daiquiri
15. The Sazerac: Impress your friends with some really fancy ice.
This story was originally published on Food52.com: 15 classic cocktail recipes you need to know
More from Food52...