Days after photos of comedian Kathy Griffin holding a bloodied, detached head resembling that of President Trump sparked bipartisan outrage and cost Griffin several gigs, Griffin re-opened the can of worms at a press conference Friday alongside her lawyer.
While Griffin reiterated her apology, noting that she still feels "horrible," she later veered towards pitying herself for suffering so much backlash and slamming Trump and his family for "personally trying to ruin my life forever." Here are some of the other ill-advised comments Griffin made during her press conference. Becca Stanek
- "I'm going to make fun of the president, and I'm going to make fun of him more now."
- "I'm not afraid of Donald Trump. He's a bully. I've dealt with older white guys trying to keep me down my whole life."
- "We all get what's going on here. They're using me as the shiny object so that nobody's talking about his FBI investigation."
- "He wants to mess with me? He picked the wrong redhead!"
- "This is a woman thing."
- "What's happening to me has never happened in this great country."
- "I made a horrible, horrible call. Trust me, if I could redo the whole thing I'd have a blow up doll and no ketchup."