Hurricane Sandy is pelting the Northeast, and the deadly storm has the potential to cause serious damage. For some background, check out our guide to the storm, or read about potential consequences of this freakish nor'easter. You can also see footage from the last time North America encountered such a freakish nor'easter: a 1938 'Frankenstorm' that ravaged New England. And see what the Twittersphere is saying about the storm with our Twitter take.
Watch the Weather Channel's Hurricane Sandy coverage:
More Hurricane Sandy coverage:
- Is it possible to live forever?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
Subscribe to the Week