Hurricane Sandy is pelting the Northeast, and the deadly storm has the potential to cause serious damage. For some background, check out our guide to the storm, or read about potential consequences of this freakish nor'easter. You can also see footage from the last time North America encountered such a freakish nor'easter: a 1938 'Frankenstorm' that ravaged New England. And see what the Twittersphere is saying about the storm with our Twitter take.
Watch the Weather Channel's Hurricane Sandy coverage:
More Hurricane Sandy coverage:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week