Hurricane Sandy is pelting the Northeast, and the deadly storm has the potential to cause serious damage. For some background, check out our guide to the storm, or read about potential consequences of this freakish nor'easter. You can also see footage from the last time North America encountered such a freakish nor'easter: a 1938 'Frankenstorm' that ravaged New England. And see what the Twittersphere is saying about the storm with our Twitter take.
Watch the Weather Channel's Hurricane Sandy coverage:
More Hurricane Sandy coverage:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week