Hurricane Sandy is pelting the Northeast, and the deadly storm has the potential to cause serious damage. For some background, check out our guide to the storm, or read about potential consequences of this freakish nor'easter. You can also see footage from the last time North America encountered such a freakish nor'easter: a 1938 'Frankenstorm' that ravaged New England. And see what the Twittersphere is saying about the storm with our Twitter take.
Watch the Weather Channel's Hurricane Sandy coverage:
More Hurricane Sandy coverage:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week