Hurricane Sandy is pelting the Northeast, and the deadly storm has the potential to cause serious damage. For some background, check out our guide to the storm, or read about potential consequences of this freakish nor'easter. You can also see footage from the last time North America encountered such a freakish nor'easter: a 1938 'Frankenstorm' that ravaged New England. And see what the Twittersphere is saying about the storm with our Twitter take.
Watch the Weather Channel's Hurricane Sandy coverage:
More Hurricane Sandy coverage:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week