1. Kim Kardashian posts, deletes photo of diamond-encrusted gun
Kim Kardashian made a characteristically thoughtful entry into America's ongoing gun control debate when she posted a picture of a diamond-encrusted gun to her Instagram account — then promptly deleted it, realizing too late that it might lead to unfavorable coverage in gossip columns like this one. ABC News reports that while Kardashian has posted pictures of herself using firearms before, fans are particularly disappointed this time because she tweeted a pledge to reduce gun violence just a few weeks ago — though it remains possible she only meant guns that aren't bedazzled.
2. Justin Bieber's mom wants him to get back together with Selena Gomez
Alas, the golden days of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez's perpetually on again/off again relationship seem to have ended. But one Belieber reportedly hasn't moved on: Justin's mom, Pattie, who wants him to reconcile with Gomez for roughly the 38th or 39th time. Radar Online reports that Pattie "has always been close to Selena," and thinks she's a good influence on her 18-year-old son. "Whatever happened to that Selena Gomez? She was such a nice girl," we imagine Bieber's mom saying while mussing the teen pop star's hair, prompting him to mutter, "Leave me alone, Mom," and storm off to his room.
3. Kate Middleton may reveal baby bump two weeks from now
Kate Middleton and Prince William are currently away from the public eye on a "babymoon" (also known as "a ridiculous thing pregnant people get to do when they're rich and famous"). But never fear, insatiable gossip hounds: According to New York, Middleton's next major appearance, which is scheduled for Feb. 19, "may very well mark Kate's momentous Bump Reveal Moment," which is apparently a thing celebrities are doing now. Fans can presumably look forward to a momentous Ultrasound Reveal Moment in the near future.
4. Matthew Perry and Courteney Cox to have mini Friends reunion on Go On
Reminding viewers of a time when both actors were on shows that people actually watch, Cougar Town star Courteney Cox will reunite with former Friends co-star Matthew Perry in an upcoming episode of his NBC series Go On. Zap2It reports that Cox will play a woman who a friend "thinks would be a good match" for Perry's character, which should allow for all kinds of thinly veiled, not-so-clever references to their time spent as an on-screen married couple on Friends.
5. Kate Winslet spotted wearing wedding ring
Kate Winslet has been spotted wearing a wedding ring — which is, admittedly, something people tend to do when they're married, but that didn't stop People from getting the scoop. "Kate Winslet shows off her wedding ring from Ned Rocknroll," screamed a since-updated headline, above a blurry photo of Winslet's left hand with a ring on it — presumably because the headline "We surreptitiously took a photo of Kate Winslet while she happened to be wearing a ring" sounded a tad shady. In related news, Kate Winslet's husband's name is still Ned Rocknroll.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Is Amazon a monopoly?
- Yes, the Federal Reserve is politicized — and that's a good thing
Subscribe to the Week