- This just in April 9
Multiple people were stabbed this morning at Franklin Regional High School in Murraysville, Penn,. near Pittsburgh. The school is on lockdown and police have a suspect in custody, reports KDKA.
Three medical helicopters and dozens of ambulances rushed to the school around 7 a.m. after hearing reports of "multiple stabbings." Eight people were taken to local hospitals and at least one of the victims was airlifted. Reports are still hazy, and it is so far unclear exactly how many were injured and whether all the injured were students or included some staff members. Witnesses say the stabbings occurred in the science wing of the school. In light of the incident, school has been canceled for the day.
Update: Twenty students were injured, four of whom were seriously hurt, according to public safety officials. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
Subscribe to the Week