- This just in April 9
Multiple people were stabbed this morning at Franklin Regional High School in Murraysville, Penn,. near Pittsburgh. The school is on lockdown and police have a suspect in custody, reports KDKA.
Three medical helicopters and dozens of ambulances rushed to the school around 7 a.m. after hearing reports of "multiple stabbings." Eight people were taken to local hospitals and at least one of the victims was airlifted. Reports are still hazy, and it is so far unclear exactly how many were injured and whether all the injured were students or included some staff members. Witnesses say the stabbings occurred in the science wing of the school. In light of the incident, school has been canceled for the day.
Update: Twenty students were injured, four of whom were seriously hurt, according to public safety officials. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week