- This just in April 9
Multiple people were stabbed this morning at Franklin Regional High School in Murraysville, Penn,. near Pittsburgh. The school is on lockdown and police have a suspect in custody, reports KDKA.
Three medical helicopters and dozens of ambulances rushed to the school around 7 a.m. after hearing reports of "multiple stabbings." Eight people were taken to local hospitals and at least one of the victims was airlifted. Reports are still hazy, and it is so far unclear exactly how many were injured and whether all the injured were students or included some staff members. Witnesses say the stabbings occurred in the science wing of the school. In light of the incident, school has been canceled for the day.
Update: Twenty students were injured, four of whom were seriously hurt, according to public safety officials. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week