- This just in April 9
Multiple people were stabbed this morning at Franklin Regional High School in Murraysville, Penn,. near Pittsburgh. The school is on lockdown and police have a suspect in custody, reports KDKA.
Three medical helicopters and dozens of ambulances rushed to the school around 7 a.m. after hearing reports of "multiple stabbings." Eight people were taken to local hospitals and at least one of the victims was airlifted. Reports are still hazy, and it is so far unclear exactly how many were injured and whether all the injured were students or included some staff members. Witnesses say the stabbings occurred in the science wing of the school. In light of the incident, school has been canceled for the day.
Update: Twenty students were injured, four of whom were seriously hurt, according to public safety officials. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week