- This just in April 9
Multiple people were stabbed this morning at Franklin Regional High School in Murraysville, Penn,. near Pittsburgh. The school is on lockdown and police have a suspect in custody, reports KDKA.
Three medical helicopters and dozens of ambulances rushed to the school around 7 a.m. after hearing reports of "multiple stabbings." Eight people were taken to local hospitals and at least one of the victims was airlifted. Reports are still hazy, and it is so far unclear exactly how many were injured and whether all the injured were students or included some staff members. Witnesses say the stabbings occurred in the science wing of the school. In light of the incident, school has been canceled for the day.
Update: Twenty students were injured, four of whom were seriously hurt, according to public safety officials. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week