Speed Reads

badvertising

Mike Lindell says he's pulling MyPillow ads from Fox News after dispute over commercial

Mike Lindell is taking his pillow and going home.

The MyPillow CEO told The Wall Street Journal on Thursday that because Fox News won't run a commercial promoting his upcoming livestream event, he is going to pull all of his ads from the network. Lindell is one of the loudest promoters of the false claim that there was widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election, and while Lindell told the Journal the commercial wasn't going to mention this, he previously stated that he planned on using the livestream to prove electoral manipulation occurred. 

MyPillow is one of Fox News' biggest advertisers, with Lindell saying that in 2020, the company spent nearly $50 million on commercials that aired on the network. Lindell is ready to make a clean break, telling the Journal he instructed his ad buyer to let Fox News know that he wants all of his ads canceled immediately. 

In a statement to the Journal, a Fox News spokesperson said it is "unfortunate Mr. Lindell has chosen to pause his commercial time on Fox News given the level of success he's experienced building his brand through advertising on the No. 1 cable news network." The spokesperson did not say whether the network blocked Lindell's commercial.