AT&T fires president in the midst of a $100 million lawsuit

AT&T
(Image credit: Tim Boyle/Getty Images)

Aaron Slator is no longer AT&T's president of content and advertising sales.

According to a $100 million lawsuit filed Monday, Slator used his work phone to send racist images. The suit was filed by Knoyme King, an African-American woman who worked for Slator. She saw the messages when transferring data to a new phone for Slator.

"There is no place for demeaning behavior within AT&T, and we regret the action was not taken earlier," the company said in a statement.

The Week

Escape your echo chamber. Get the facts behind the news, plus analysis from multiple perspectives.

SUBSCRIBE & SAVE
https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/flexiimages/jacafc5zvs1692883516.jpg

Sign up for The Week's Free Newsletters

From our morning news briefing to a weekly Good News Newsletter, get the best of The Week delivered directly to your inbox.

From our morning news briefing to a weekly Good News Newsletter, get the best of The Week delivered directly to your inbox.

Sign up

Slator will be out of the picture, but the lawsuit will continue. The case named the company and several executives as defendants, in addition to Slator. King's lawyer told The Associated Press that AT&T failed to address the problem sooner, even though it was brought to the company's HR department as well as its board of directors.

Explore More

Meghan DeMaria is a staff writer at TheWeek.com. She has previously worked for USA Today and Marie Claire.