the corruptest of them all
The 5 most obsequious lines of Scott Pruitt's resignation letter
The end of Scott Pruitt's tenure as Environment Protection Agency chief wasn't unexpected. His resignation letter — and the fact that it wasn't written on a Ritz-Carlton notepad — contained a few more surprises.
Here are the five most unsettlingly obsequious lines from Pruitt's grammatical trainwreck, first obtained by Fox News.
1. "Truly, your confidence in me has blessed me personally and enabled me to advance your agenda beyond what anyone anticipated at the beginning of your administration."
2. "It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also, because of the transformative work that is occurring."
3. "My desire in service to you has always been to bless you as you make important decisions for the American people."
4. "I pray as I have served you that I have blessed you and enabled you to effectively lead the American people."
5. "Thank you again Mr. President for the honor of serving you and I wish you Godspeed in all that you put your hand to."
These lines put the "blessing" count at four. Couple that with Pruitt's haunting salutation of "Your Faithful Friend," and this letter brings up some disturbing flashbacks to President Trump's Cabinet compliment circle.
You can read the full letter in all its weirdness below: Kathryn Krawczyk