Hurricane Sandy is making its way toward some of the most heavily populated cities in America, threatening some 60 million residents with 90 mph sustained winds, strong storm surges, and potential power outages. For more background, check out our guide to the storm, and watch the Weather Channel's live Hurricane Sandy coverage. As the Frankenstorm approaches, many people have taken to social media to share what's happening in their area. Below are some of the most telling posts. To share what's happening in your area, tweet us @TheWeek or leave a comment on our Facebook page.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week