urricane Sandy is making its way toward some of the most heavily populated cities in America, threatening some 60 million residents with 90 mph sustained winds, strong storm surges, and potential power outages. For more background, check out our guide to the storm, and watch the Weather Channel's live Hurricane Sandy coverage. As the Frankenstorm approaches, many people have taken to social media to share what's happening in their area. Below are some of the most telling posts. To share what's happening in your area, tweet us @TheWeek or leave a comment on our Facebook page.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week