Hurricane Sandy is making its way toward some of the most heavily populated cities in America, threatening some 60 million residents with 90 mph sustained winds, strong storm surges, and potential power outages. For more background, check out our guide to the storm, and watch the Weather Channel's live Hurricane Sandy coverage. As the Frankenstorm approaches, many people have taken to social media to share what's happening in their area. Below are some of the most telling posts. To share what's happening in your area, tweet us @TheWeek or leave a comment on our Facebook page.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week