Hurricane Sandy is making its way toward some of the most heavily populated cities in America, threatening some 60 million residents with 90 mph sustained winds, strong storm surges, and potential power outages. For more background, check out our guide to the storm, and watch the Weather Channel's live Hurricane Sandy coverage. As the Frankenstorm approaches, many people have taken to social media to share what's happening in their area. Below are some of the most telling posts. To share what's happening in your area, tweet us @TheWeek or leave a comment on our Facebook page.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week