- This just in March 24
A Chinese military aircraft searching for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is now the latest to report seeing something notable in a section of ocean more than 1,000 miles away from the western coast of Australia. China's state-run news agency Xinhua reports that "the crew of a Chinese IL-76 plane spotted some suspicious objects in the southern Indian Ocean on Monday.... From a height of 1,000 meters, there were two quite large objects, and some small, white fragments scattered within a radius of several kilometers." This sighting comes after a French satellite detected debris in the same general area that could possibly be related to the missing airplane. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
Subscribe to the Week