- This just in March 24
A Chinese military aircraft searching for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is now the latest to report seeing something notable in a section of ocean more than 1,000 miles away from the western coast of Australia. China's state-run news agency Xinhua reports that "the crew of a Chinese IL-76 plane spotted some suspicious objects in the southern Indian Ocean on Monday.... From a height of 1,000 meters, there were two quite large objects, and some small, white fragments scattered within a radius of several kilometers." This sighting comes after a French satellite detected debris in the same general area that could possibly be related to the missing airplane. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
Subscribe to the Week