- This just in March 24
A Chinese military aircraft searching for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is now the latest to report seeing something notable in a section of ocean more than 1,000 miles away from the western coast of Australia. China's state-run news agency Xinhua reports that "the crew of a Chinese IL-76 plane spotted some suspicious objects in the southern Indian Ocean on Monday.... From a height of 1,000 meters, there were two quite large objects, and some small, white fragments scattered within a radius of several kilometers." This sighting comes after a French satellite detected debris in the same general area that could possibly be related to the missing airplane. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week