- This just in March 24
A Chinese military aircraft searching for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is now the latest to report seeing something notable in a section of ocean more than 1,000 miles away from the western coast of Australia. China's state-run news agency Xinhua reports that "the crew of a Chinese IL-76 plane spotted some suspicious objects in the southern Indian Ocean on Monday.... From a height of 1,000 meters, there were two quite large objects, and some small, white fragments scattered within a radius of several kilometers." This sighting comes after a French satellite detected debris in the same general area that could possibly be related to the missing airplane. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week