- America the Beautiful April 23
New Yorkers aren't the only ones eating dessert hybrids. Chicago's Waffles Cafe is selling a combination of a donut and waffle, affectionately called the wonut.
Yesterday, Thrillist posted a series of mouthwatering photos from a visit to Waffles Cafe, where they toured the restaurant's kitchen and went behind the scenes of the wonut-making process. According to Thrillist, the waffles are deep-fried in vegetable shortening and dipped in sugar, marshmallow, maple, or chocolate glazes. Add toppings like sprinkles, granola, or chocolate shavings, and voila: wonut!
For the consumer who wants to be healthy and eat a wonut too, there's also a whole wheat variety. Other flavors include green tea, red velvet, and Mexican chocolate.
Check out the full story over at Thrillist, and please excuse me while I hop on the next plane to Chicago.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week