- America the Beautiful April 23
New Yorkers aren't the only ones eating dessert hybrids. Chicago's Waffles Cafe is selling a combination of a donut and waffle, affectionately called the wonut.
Yesterday, Thrillist posted a series of mouthwatering photos from a visit to Waffles Cafe, where they toured the restaurant's kitchen and went behind the scenes of the wonut-making process. According to Thrillist, the waffles are deep-fried in vegetable shortening and dipped in sugar, marshmallow, maple, or chocolate glazes. Add toppings like sprinkles, granola, or chocolate shavings, and voila: wonut!
For the consumer who wants to be healthy and eat a wonut too, there's also a whole wheat variety. Other flavors include green tea, red velvet, and Mexican chocolate.
Check out the full story over at Thrillist, and please excuse me while I hop on the next plane to Chicago.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
Subscribe to the Week