- America the Beautiful April 23
New Yorkers aren't the only ones eating dessert hybrids. Chicago's Waffles Cafe is selling a combination of a donut and waffle, affectionately called the wonut.
Yesterday, Thrillist posted a series of mouthwatering photos from a visit to Waffles Cafe, where they toured the restaurant's kitchen and went behind the scenes of the wonut-making process. According to Thrillist, the waffles are deep-fried in vegetable shortening and dipped in sugar, marshmallow, maple, or chocolate glazes. Add toppings like sprinkles, granola, or chocolate shavings, and voila: wonut!
For the consumer who wants to be healthy and eat a wonut too, there's also a whole wheat variety. Other flavors include green tea, red velvet, and Mexican chocolate.
Check out the full story over at Thrillist, and please excuse me while I hop on the next plane to Chicago.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- What these custom, 3D-printed earphones say about the future of consumer technology
Subscribe to the Week