- America the Beautiful April 23
New Yorkers aren't the only ones eating dessert hybrids. Chicago's Waffles Cafe is selling a combination of a donut and waffle, affectionately called the wonut.
Yesterday, Thrillist posted a series of mouthwatering photos from a visit to Waffles Cafe, where they toured the restaurant's kitchen and went behind the scenes of the wonut-making process. According to Thrillist, the waffles are deep-fried in vegetable shortening and dipped in sugar, marshmallow, maple, or chocolate glazes. Add toppings like sprinkles, granola, or chocolate shavings, and voila: wonut!
For the consumer who wants to be healthy and eat a wonut too, there's also a whole wheat variety. Other flavors include green tea, red velvet, and Mexican chocolate.
Check out the full story over at Thrillist, and please excuse me while I hop on the next plane to Chicago.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 ways you're probably teaching your kids bad money habits
Subscribe to the Week