Name & Party:
Subscribe to The Week
Escape your echo chamber. Get the facts behind the news, plus analysis from multiple perspectives.
Basic Info:Three-term incumbent senator from Wisc.; Age: 57CEO of packing materials company; Age: 55
- Voted in favor of healthcare reform
- Wants to extend Bush tax cuts only for middle class
- Supports a legislative solution to reducing greenhouse emissions
- Wants to see "Obamacare" repealed
- Wants to extend Bush tax cuts for middle class and wealthy
- Doesn't believe climate change is caused by human activity
Polling At:43%52%Campaign Chest:$3.1 million$1.6 millionKey Quote:"There appears to be a systematic, conscious attempt to dismantle this president.""I would like to ask Russ, 'Have you ever witnessed a partial-birth abortion?'"Petty Controversy:Ad touting stimulus job creation shows someone named Elizabeth M. Ackland being hired — apparently, no such person existsPlayed key role in bringing Charles Murray, author of "The Bell Curve," to speak at an Oshkosh educational eventWild card:This is Ron Johnson's first political campaignDueling Ads:"On our side": Feingold touts his opposition to TARP and his support for extending jobless benefits"57": Johnson argues that there are too many lawyers in the Senate and too few manufacturers
Russ Feingold's "On our side:
Ron Johnson's "57":
Continue reading for free
We hope you're enjoying The Week's refreshingly open-minded journalism.
Subscribed to The Week? Register your account with the same email as your subscription.