Gossip: John Travolta
After a case against two Bahamians accused of trying to extort money from John Travolta ended in a mistrial, the actor asked a judge to dismiss charges against them.
A free daily email with the biggest news stories of the day – and the best features from TheWeek.com
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Following a request from plaintiff John Travolta, a judge in the Bahamas has dismissed charges against two men accused of trying to extort $25 million from the actor after the death of his son, Jett, last July. A lengthy trial of the two Bahamians ended in a mistrial last year, and Travolta says he no longer wants to pursue the case. “The first trial resulted in a heavy emotional toll on my family,” said Travolta in a statement. “It’s time to put this matter behind us.”
A free daily email with the biggest news stories of the day – and the best features from TheWeek.com
The Week
Escape your echo chamber. Get the facts behind the news, plus analysis from multiple perspectives.
Sign up for The Week's Free Newsletters
From our morning news briefing to a weekly Good News Newsletter, get the best of The Week delivered directly to your inbox.
From our morning news briefing to a weekly Good News Newsletter, get the best of The Week delivered directly to your inbox.
-
Political cartoons for February 16Cartoons Monday’s political cartoons include President's Day, a valentine from the Epstein files, and more
-
Regent Hong Kong: a tranquil haven with a prime waterfront spotThe Week Recommends The trendy hotel recently underwent an extensive two-year revamp
-
The problem with diagnosing profound autismThe Explainer Experts are reconsidering the idea of autism as a spectrum, which could impact diagnoses and policy making for the condition