Omarosa claims Trump 'absolutely' knew Hillary Clinton's hacked emails would be released
Former senior White House adviser Omarosa Manigault Newman promises to keep whistleblowing.
Manigault Newman appeared on MSNBC on Tuesday to claim that she witnessed "a lot of corruption that went on both in the campaign and in the White House."
The former Apprentice contestant, who departed her White House role in January, has the GOP and President Trump on edge now that she is doing a media tour to promote her new tell-all book, suddenly vowing to "expose" the administration's hidden secrets and alleging that Trump is a proven racist and misogynist.
The Week
Escape your echo chamber. Get the facts behind the news, plus analysis from multiple perspectives.
Sign up for The Week's Free Newsletters
From our morning news briefing to a weekly Good News Newsletter, get the best of The Week delivered directly to your inbox.
From our morning news briefing to a weekly Good News Newsletter, get the best of The Week delivered directly to your inbox.
Manigault Newman claimed Trump "absolutely" knew in advance that WikiLeaks would make public a trove of leaked emails from Hillary Clinton. She said he knew they were forthcoming, but opted not to say how he knew. She further did not offer any evidence to support the claim, though she did reveal that she has been interviewed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller for more details.
Manigault Newman went on to say that White House staffers are worried about Mueller's investigation into whether the Trump campaign was involved with Russian election interference, and claimed Trump would grab women and kiss them without their consent at "any time of any day." When MSNBC's Katy Tur asked Manigault Newman why viewers should believe her, the former White House employee promised that "every single thing" from her book Unhinged had been verified — and more ominously, documented. Watch the full interview below, via MSNBC. Summer Meza
A free daily email with the biggest news stories of the day – and the best features from TheWeek.com
Summer Meza has worked at The Week since 2018, serving as a staff writer, a news writer and currently the deputy editor. As a proud news generalist, she edits everything from political punditry and science news to personal finance advice and film reviews. Summer has previously written for Newsweek and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, covering national politics, transportation and the cannabis industry.
-
5 treacherously funny cartoons about seditious behaviourCartoons Artists take on branches of government, a CAPTCHA test, and more
-
Political cartoons for November 29Cartoons Saturday's political cartoons include Kash Patel's travel perks, believing in Congress, and more
-
Nigel Farage: was he a teenage racist?Talking Point Farage’s denials have been ‘slippery’, but should claims from Reform leader’s schooldays be on the news agenda?
-
Judge halts Trump’s DC Guard deploymentSpeed Read The Trump administration has ‘infringed upon the District’s right to govern itself,’ the judge ruled
-
Trump accuses Democrats of sedition meriting ‘death’Speed Read The president called for Democratic lawmakers to be arrested for urging the military to refuse illegal orders
-
Court strikes down Texas GOP gerrymanderSpeed Read The Texas congressional map ordered by Trump is likely an illegal racial gerrymander, the court ruled
-
Trump defends Saudi prince, shrugs off Khashoggi murderSpeed Read The president rebuked an ABC News reporter for asking Mohammed bin Salman about the death of a Washington Post journalist at the Saudi Consulate in 2018
-
Congress passes bill to force release of Epstein filesSpeed Read The Justice Department will release all files from its Jeffrey Epstein sex-trafficking investigation
-
Trump says he will sell F-35 jets to Saudi ArabiaSpeed Read The president plans to make several deals with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman this week
-
Judge blasts ‘profound’ errors in Comey caseSpeed Read ‘Government misconduct’ may necessitate dismissing the charges against the former FBI director altogether
-
Ecuador rejects push to allow US military basesSpeed Read Voters rejected a repeal of a constitutional ban on US and other foreign military bases in the country
