GOOD DAY FOR:
A London architect unveils his proposal to construct elevated bicycle lanes throughout England's capital. [Discovery News]
An Oregon veterinarian takes in an overfed and morbidly-obese dachshund and puts him on an intensive weight-loss regimen. [HyperVocal]
A New York designer creates a mini-library inside a phone booth to inspire passersby. [GOOD]
BAD DAY FOR:
Facebook temporarily blocks The New Yorker's Facebook page after the magazine posts a cartoon featuring a naked Adam and Eve. [Gothamist]
The Florida pizzeria owner who bear-hugged Obama during a photo-op this weekend is hit with scathingly negative Yelp reviews from conservatives angry at President Obama. [New York]
R&B bad boy Chris Brown gets a new neck tattoo that looks strikingly similar to Rihanna's injured face after the infamous 2009 incident in which he hit her. [Death & Taxes]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 10, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week