OOD DAY FOR:
A London architect unveils his proposal to construct elevated bicycle lanes throughout England's capital. [Discovery News]
An Oregon veterinarian takes in an overfed and morbidly-obese dachshund and puts him on an intensive weight-loss regimen. [HyperVocal]
A New York designer creates a mini-library inside a phone booth to inspire passersby. [GOOD]
BAD DAY FOR:
Facebook temporarily blocks The New Yorker's Facebook page after the magazine posts a cartoon featuring a naked Adam and Eve. [Gothamist]
The Florida pizzeria owner who bear-hugged Obama during a photo-op this weekend is hit with scathingly negative Yelp reviews from conservatives angry at President Obama. [New York]
R&B bad boy Chris Brown gets a new neck tattoo that looks strikingly similar to Rihanna's injured face after the infamous 2009 incident in which he hit her. [Death & Taxes]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 10, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week