GOOD DAY FOR:
A London architect unveils his proposal to construct elevated bicycle lanes throughout England's capital. [Discovery News]
An Oregon veterinarian takes in an overfed and morbidly-obese dachshund and puts him on an intensive weight-loss regimen. [HyperVocal]
A New York designer creates a mini-library inside a phone booth to inspire passersby. [GOOD]
BAD DAY FOR:
Facebook temporarily blocks The New Yorker's Facebook page after the magazine posts a cartoon featuring a naked Adam and Eve. [Gothamist]
The Florida pizzeria owner who bear-hugged Obama during a photo-op this weekend is hit with scathingly negative Yelp reviews from conservatives angry at President Obama. [New York]
R&B bad boy Chris Brown gets a new neck tattoo that looks strikingly similar to Rihanna's injured face after the infamous 2009 incident in which he hit her. [Death & Taxes]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 10, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The bizarre syntax of 'sexiest man alive'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Saudi Arabia is trying to sabotage America's shale oil boom
Subscribe to the Week