Coffee is wonderful. Really, it's the fuel that powers much of America. And better yet, most cups of coffee are reasonably priced — just $1 from a Manhattan coffee cart, and perhaps $2 to $5 if you get a fancy drink from some high-end java joint. But the saucy customer in the video above decided to go absolutely bananas by ordering a Starbucks beverage that cost $47.30.
What, pray tell, does $47.30 worth of Starbucks add-ons get you? Try 48 espresso shots, a scoop of protein powder, soy milk, and enough strawberry/vanilla bean/caramel high-fructose corn syrup to feed a small stable of ponies. Safe to say this "Quadriginoctuple Frap" isn't for the faint of heart. Or anyone, really. (Via The Billfold)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week