Coffee is wonderful. Really, it's the fuel that powers much of America. And better yet, most cups of coffee are reasonably priced — just $1 from a Manhattan coffee cart, and perhaps $2 to $5 if you get a fancy drink from some high-end java joint. But the saucy customer in the video above decided to go absolutely bananas by ordering a Starbucks beverage that cost $47.30.
What, pray tell, does $47.30 worth of Starbucks add-ons get you? Try 48 espresso shots, a scoop of protein powder, soy milk, and enough strawberry/vanilla bean/caramel high-fructose corn syrup to feed a small stable of ponies. Safe to say this "Quadriginoctuple Frap" isn't for the faint of heart. Or anyone, really. (Via The Billfold)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
Subscribe to the Week