Coffee is wonderful. Really, it's the fuel that powers much of America. And better yet, most cups of coffee are reasonably priced — just $1 from a Manhattan coffee cart, and perhaps $2 to $5 if you get a fancy drink from some high-end java joint. But the saucy customer in the video above decided to go absolutely bananas by ordering a Starbucks beverage that cost $47.30.
What, pray tell, does $47.30 worth of Starbucks add-ons get you? Try 48 espresso shots, a scoop of protein powder, soy milk, and enough strawberry/vanilla bean/caramel high-fructose corn syrup to feed a small stable of ponies. Safe to say this "Quadriginoctuple Frap" isn't for the faint of heart. Or anyone, really. (Via The Billfold)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week