Coffee is wonderful. Really, it's the fuel that powers much of America. And better yet, most cups of coffee are reasonably priced — just $1 from a Manhattan coffee cart, and perhaps $2 to $5 if you get a fancy drink from some high-end java joint. But the saucy customer in the video above decided to go absolutely bananas by ordering a Starbucks beverage that cost $47.30.
What, pray tell, does $47.30 worth of Starbucks add-ons get you? Try 48 espresso shots, a scoop of protein powder, soy milk, and enough strawberry/vanilla bean/caramel high-fructose corn syrup to feed a small stable of ponies. Safe to say this "Quadriginoctuple Frap" isn't for the faint of heart. Or anyone, really. (Via The Billfold)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week