Fox News has bagged the first interview with the Romneys since President Obama's convincing victory in November, and the conservative-leaning network has offered a sneak preview to whet the appetite of political junkies and Romney fans. In an interview with Politico, Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace says Mitt has taken his defeat in stride, but his wife Ann "feels the pain and the what-ifs and the hurt more than he does." Wallace adds, "There's a lot of emotion that comes through in the interview, and she's more open about it — the 'what might have been.'"
Mitt, on the other hand, reportedly went into the election knowing he'd face liberal bias in the media, but "you don't expect anything different and that's part of what you wage in a campaign," says Wallace. Romney also reportedly believes he could handle "the mess in Washington" a "lot better" than the White House's current occupant.
The full interview will air this weekend on Fox News Sunday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How Captain America won over China
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week