Anthony Weiner, his mayoral campaign crumbling, isn't even taking reporters seriously anymore.
On Thursday, Weiner responded to questions from a British journalist by mocking her accent and asking aloud if he was being put on. When asked if he was really interested in governing as mayor, or if he was merely running because of a "hunger for the big job," Weiner deflected the question.
"It's hard to take you seriously," he said, before smirking and repeating to himself, in a faux English accent, "hunger for the big job."
"I just have a feeling I've, like, stepped into a Monty Python bit," he said in response to the next question.
Though Weiner was not, in fact, in a Monty Python bit, his campaign is likely as dead as a Norwegian Blue parrot sold by a shady pet shop.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week