Anthony Weiner, his mayoral campaign crumbling, isn't even taking reporters seriously anymore.
On Thursday, Weiner responded to questions from a British journalist by mocking her accent and asking aloud if he was being put on. When asked if he was really interested in governing as mayor, or if he was merely running because of a "hunger for the big job," Weiner deflected the question.
"It's hard to take you seriously," he said, before smirking and repeating to himself, in a faux English accent, "hunger for the big job."
"I just have a feeling I've, like, stepped into a Monty Python bit," he said in response to the next question.
Though Weiner was not, in fact, in a Monty Python bit, his campaign is likely as dead as a Norwegian Blue parrot sold by a shady pet shop.
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
Did God have a wife?
- How Vanessa became Jacob
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
Subscribe to the Week