Anthony Weiner, his mayoral campaign crumbling, isn't even taking reporters seriously anymore.
On Thursday, Weiner responded to questions from a British journalist by mocking her accent and asking aloud if he was being put on. When asked if he was really interested in governing as mayor, or if he was merely running because of a "hunger for the big job," Weiner deflected the question.
"It's hard to take you seriously," he said, before smirking and repeating to himself, in a faux English accent, "hunger for the big job."
"I just have a feeling I've, like, stepped into a Monty Python bit," he said in response to the next question.
Though Weiner was not, in fact, in a Monty Python bit, his campaign is likely as dead as a Norwegian Blue parrot sold by a shady pet shop.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
- How I became a borderline hoarder
Subscribe to the Week