Anthony Weiner, his mayoral campaign crumbling, isn't even taking reporters seriously anymore.
On Thursday, Weiner responded to questions from a British journalist by mocking her accent and asking aloud if he was being put on. When asked if he was really interested in governing as mayor, or if he was merely running because of a "hunger for the big job," Weiner deflected the question.
"It's hard to take you seriously," he said, before smirking and repeating to himself, in a faux English accent, "hunger for the big job."
"I just have a feeling I've, like, stepped into a Monty Python bit," he said in response to the next question.
Though Weiner was not, in fact, in a Monty Python bit, his campaign is likely as dead as a Norwegian Blue parrot sold by a shady pet shop.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week