Anthony Weiner, his mayoral campaign crumbling, isn't even taking reporters seriously anymore.
On Thursday, Weiner responded to questions from a British journalist by mocking her accent and asking aloud if he was being put on. When asked if he was really interested in governing as mayor, or if he was merely running because of a "hunger for the big job," Weiner deflected the question.
"It's hard to take you seriously," he said, before smirking and repeating to himself, in a faux English accent, "hunger for the big job."
"I just have a feeling I've, like, stepped into a Monty Python bit," he said in response to the next question.
Though Weiner was not, in fact, in a Monty Python bit, his campaign is likely as dead as a Norwegian Blue parrot sold by a shady pet shop.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week