- This just in April 24
Ostrovsky was captured in the eastern city of Slovyansk by pro-Russian gunmen. He's been in the country for several weeks covering the crisis. Kevin Bishop, a correspondent with BBC News, spoke with Ostrovsky after his release, tweeting that Ostrovsky "is delighted to see how many more Twitter followers he's acquired."
Ostrovsky is now en route to the Ukrainian city of Donetsk. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
Subscribe to the Week