- This just in April 24
Ostrovsky was captured in the eastern city of Slovyansk by pro-Russian gunmen. He's been in the country for several weeks covering the crisis. Kevin Bishop, a correspondent with BBC News, spoke with Ostrovsky after his release, tweeting that Ostrovsky "is delighted to see how many more Twitter followers he's acquired."
Ostrovsky is now en route to the Ukrainian city of Donetsk. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- 9 dog park rules you should never, ever break
Subscribe to the Week