- This just in April 24
Ostrovsky was captured in the eastern city of Slovyansk by pro-Russian gunmen. He's been in the country for several weeks covering the crisis. Kevin Bishop, a correspondent with BBC News, spoke with Ostrovsky after his release, tweeting that Ostrovsky "is delighted to see how many more Twitter followers he's acquired."
Ostrovsky is now en route to the Ukrainian city of Donetsk. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week