- This just in April 24
Ostrovsky was captured in the eastern city of Slovyansk by pro-Russian gunmen. He's been in the country for several weeks covering the crisis. Kevin Bishop, a correspondent with BBC News, spoke with Ostrovsky after his release, tweeting that Ostrovsky "is delighted to see how many more Twitter followers he's acquired."
Ostrovsky is now en route to the Ukrainian city of Donetsk. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week