- Backlash May 18
Karl Rove's suggestion that Hillary Clinton suffered brain damage is still not going over well, even on the right. A Fox News Sunday segment this weekend got testy when a couple of panelists criticized Rove's remarks directly to the political operative's face, all while Rove interjected clarifications and refused to back down from his original claim.
Contributor Juan Williams blasted Rove for making an unwarranted "personal attack," adding that "the GOP at this moment is apoplectic over Hillary Clinton."
Rove responded by reading the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's definition of concussion in an attempt to prove he was right that Clinton indeed suffered a "traumatic brain injury." That's about where Williams and fellow contributor Kristen Powers lost it. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
Subscribe to the Week