- Backlash May 18
Karl Rove's suggestion that Hillary Clinton suffered brain damage is still not going over well, even on the right. A Fox News Sunday segment this weekend got testy when a couple of panelists criticized Rove's remarks directly to the political operative's face, all while Rove interjected clarifications and refused to back down from his original claim.
Contributor Juan Williams blasted Rove for making an unwarranted "personal attack," adding that "the GOP at this moment is apoplectic over Hillary Clinton."
Rove responded by reading the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's definition of concussion in an attempt to prove he was right that Clinton indeed suffered a "traumatic brain injury." That's about where Williams and fellow contributor Kristen Powers lost it. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- 10 things you need to know today: July 24, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
Subscribe to the Week