- Backlash May 18
Karl Rove's suggestion that Hillary Clinton suffered brain damage is still not going over well, even on the right. A Fox News Sunday segment this weekend got testy when a couple of panelists criticized Rove's remarks directly to the political operative's face, all while Rove interjected clarifications and refused to back down from his original claim.
Contributor Juan Williams blasted Rove for making an unwarranted "personal attack," adding that "the GOP at this moment is apoplectic over Hillary Clinton."
Rove responded by reading the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's definition of concussion in an attempt to prove he was right that Clinton indeed suffered a "traumatic brain injury." That's about where Williams and fellow contributor Kristen Powers lost it. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week