- Backlash May 18
Karl Rove's suggestion that Hillary Clinton suffered brain damage is still not going over well, even on the right. A Fox News Sunday segment this weekend got testy when a couple of panelists criticized Rove's remarks directly to the political operative's face, all while Rove interjected clarifications and refused to back down from his original claim.
Contributor Juan Williams blasted Rove for making an unwarranted "personal attack," adding that "the GOP at this moment is apoplectic over Hillary Clinton."
Rove responded by reading the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's definition of concussion in an attempt to prove he was right that Clinton indeed suffered a "traumatic brain injury." That's about where Williams and fellow contributor Kristen Powers lost it. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week