1. Mount Pleasant, S.C. Built in 1800, this three--bedroom house overlooks Charleston Harbor. The home underwent a two-year renovation starting in 2010 and includes a chef’s kitchen, an elevator, and a wood-paneled wine cellar. The gardens are filled with live oaks, roses, and productive olive trees, and there’s a brick path leading to a private boat dock. $5,750,000. Champ Smith, S.C. Places Real Estate, (843) 224-1811'
2. Richmond Hill, Ga. This five-bedroom home sits outside Savannah in a community built on the former estate of Henry Ford. The house features two fire-places, a media room, a great room with vaulted ceilings, and a travertine entryway. Neighborhood amenities include a deepwater marina, tennis courts, a golf course, and equestrian facilities. $2,095,000. Celia Dunn, -Sotheby’s -International Realty, (912) 234-3323
3. Wilmington, N.C. This cottage-style house, built in 2004, lies on a wooded bluff overlooking the water. Interior details include a gourmet kitchen with tobacco granite details, a sunlit living room with a fireplace, and a master bedroom with an upper deck. Outside features include Brazilian hardwood decking and a private pier capable of holding a 60-foot boot. $2,695,000. Vance Young, Intracoastal Realty, (855) 807-3949
4. Sarasota, Fla. Set on a 2.8-acre waterfront lot, this seven-bedroom home was built in 2001. The interior features four fireplaces, an elevator, a wine room, and French doors that open onto outdoor terraces. Property highlights include a lagoon-style pool with a -waterfall, century-old oak trees, and a private dock. $6,950,000. -Michael Hays, Michael -Saunders & Co., (941) 376-1826
5. Spring Island, S.C. Located on Chechessee Creek in the Spring Island community, this three-bedroom home overlooks a salt marsh. Details include floor-to-ceiling glass windows in the two-story living room, three fireplaces, maple and black walnut wood details, and Italian limestone flooring. Community amenities and access to a deepwater dock are included. $1,975,000. Craig Lehman, Spring Island Realty, (843) 987-2200
6. Delray Beach, Fla. This 10,450-square-foot house features five bedroom suites and expansive views of the waterway. Details of the -Mediterranean-style estate include a bar and club room, arched doorways, and unique detailed ceilings. French doors lead to an outdoor entertainment area with a pool, a spa, and an outdoor dining room. $5,299,000. Tina Smith, Corcoran Group Real Estate, (561) 414-3177
Steal of the week
7. Surfside Beach, Texas This four-bedroom home along the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway has a view of the beach from the master bedroom deck. Exterior details include a walk-around deck and a boat slip with a lift. $349,000. Suzan Assiter Zachariah, (832) 419-2878