1. Chicago This five-bedroom brick-and-limestone home was built just five years ago and features three decks, a heated three-car garage, and a penthouse-level sitting room with wet bar. $3,200,000. Kimberly Gleeson, Koenig & Strey Real Living/Christie’s Great Estates, (312) 893-3586
2. Leesburg, Va. This five-bedroom home, built in 1988, sits on a 32-acre property that includes fenced paddocks and a pool with a 30-mile view. The interior is appointed with heart pine floors, a walnut staircase, and a mahogany paneled library. $4,500,000. Andy Stevens, Long & Fosters/Christie’s Great Estates, (540) 687-8530
3. Portland, Ore. Prominent Oregon architect Roscoe Hemenway designed this 1936 seven-bedroom home, which features extensive pine and mahogany woodwork. A rear patio looks out on a mature garden landscape. $2,500,000. Lorraine Rose, Windermere Cronin & Caplan, (503) 703-8666
4. Bloomfield, Mich. Built in 1990, this five-bedroom home in the Bloomfield Village neighborhood features a first-floor master bedroom suite and a large family room with a two-way stone fireplace. $1,495,000. Meredith Colburn, Hall & Hunter Realtors, (248) 644-3500.
5. Greenwich, Conn. Built in 1930, this Jacobean-style manor house has eight bedrooms and seven baths. It sits on a 3.8-acre property that includes a guesthouse, a tennis court, a tea garden, and a heated pool. $9,950,000. David Ogilvy, Christie’s Great Estates, (203) 869-9866
6. Denver Located in the Cherry Creek neighborhood, this three-bedroom townhouse features a circular central staircase and vaulted ceilings with skylights. The family room looks out on a private flagstone patio. $1,400,000. Bob Brier and Ron Feldman, Fuller/Sotheby’s International Realty, (303) 893-3200
Steal of the week
7. Columbus, Ohio This slate-roofed, two-bedroom home, built in 1904, has a newly renovated kitchen and a backyard patio and pond. $269,900. Maria Milligan, Street/Sotheby’s International Realty, (614) 314-1355