The daily gossip: Ana de Armas transforms into Marilyn Monroe in Blonde trailer, Tom Hanks screams at fans for almost knocking over Rita Wilson, and more
Today's top entertainment and celebrity news
Ana de Armas transforms into Marilyn Monroe in 'Blonde' trailer
It's a big year for capitalizing on Marilyn Monroe's legacy and possibly doing damage in the process. Netflix has dropped the first trailer for Blonde, the highly anticipated new movie starring Ana de Armas as Marilyn Monroe. She certainly looks the part in the footage, which sees her recreate several of the most iconic images of Monroe and shows her crying in front of a mirror, all set to a slow, haunting rendition of "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend." "Hollywood was her dream, but fame became her nightmare," Netflix said. Blonde will debut in September, which would normally put it in a perfect position to be an Oscars favorite if not for one thing likely to turn the Academy away: it's been slapped with a rare NC-17 rating for sexual content — and the director has declared it has "something in it to offend everyone." Just be sure to keep the costumes away from Kim Kardashian.
Tom Hanks screams at fans for almost knocking over Rita Wilson
When you've got Tom Hanks of all people screaming the F-word in public, you know you really messed up. The actor lost his cool after a group of fans followed him around in New York City on Wednesday night trying to get autographs and ended up getting so close that they almost knocked over his wife, Rita Wilson. "Back the f--k off!" a fuming Hanks screamed at them, footage obtained by TMZ showed. "Knocking over my wife!" Luckily, Wilson caught herself and was fine, and the fans appeared to be stunned into silence, though as Hanks and Wilson got in their limo, a few voices could be heard in the footage saying, "Sorry about that, Tom." He's not mad, he's just disappointed — and also mad. Now, go to your room and think about what you did to America's dad, boys.
12-year-old and mother obtain order of protection against Ezra Miller
You're truly not going to believe it, but yet another Ezra Miller scandal has emerged. This time, a mother and her 12-year-old child have obtained an order of protection against the Justice League actor in Massachusetts. They claim Miller was "weirdly drawn" to the then-11-year-old during a February incident, hugging the kid in an uncomfortable fashion and telling the mother "they would be lucky to have someone like me guide them." They also alleged Miller showed off a gun they were carrying after an argument, warning that "talking like that could get you into a really serious situation." Miller had already been accused of grooming 18-year-old Tokata Iron Eyes, whose parents obtained a protective order. The only problem? Nobody has been able to find Miller. The actor has now deleted their Instagram account after posting a series of memes mocking officials trying to track them down. "You cannot touch me," one said, "I am in another universe."
Beyoncé's new album is dropping next month
Beyhive, assemble! Beyoncé has announced her highly anticipated next album will debut in July. Her website has been updated with a listing for Renaissance, which has a release date of July 29. It's being described as "Act I," presumably indicating there's more to come after the initial drop. This will be the first solo album from Beyoncé since 2016's Lemonade, though she's released plenty of work since then, including the concert film Homecoming, the visual album Black Is King, and the Oscar-nominated song "Be Alive." British Vogue got a sneak peek at the new music, and the writer declared, "soaring vocals and fierce beats combine and in a split second I'm transported back to the clubs of my youth," calling it "music that will unite so many on the dance floor, music that touches your soul." So, it's pretty good, we take it? The countdown is officially on.
Beanie Feldstein announces exit from 'Funny Girl' after tough reviews
Exit, stage right. Beanie Feldstein is set to leave Broadway's Funny Girl, with both she and Jane Lynch departing the revival in September. According to Entertainment Weekly, this is happening earlier than expected, as Feldstein was committed to the production for one year. But she faced surprisingly mixed reviews in April when the show debuted. "Feldstein's voice is noticeably untextured," The Guardian said, while Vulture wrote that "in song after song, Feldstein's voice lets her down … piercing and unpleasant when it gets any higher than her chest." Perhaps most brutally, Time Out wrote that when the actress comes on stage, "the crowd goes wild. But then she starts to sing." Feldstein's departure was revealed late Wednesday, and we can only assume Lea Michele — who was famously open about her interest in starring in Funny Girl — hasn't stopped staring at her phone waiting for a call since.